If you cannot find the answer to your question below, then please feel free to contact our customer service desk. We would love to help you by answering your questions about our products.
1. How to install a Facebook app to my Facebook Page?
For each app it might be different, so you should go to the app description page in [Products] section of this website, and choose the app you are interested in. The apps have a button, such as [Add Page Tab] to click to start installing the app to your page.
2. Can one Facebook app be installed on the same Facebook page multiple times?
No. Facebook restricts this.
3. When I try to install the app to my page, I don’t see that page in the list of pages.
This is because the app is already installed on the page, of you are not an administrator of that page. Try to go to that page’s settings, in Apps section, and see if our app is in that list. If so, then it is already installed on your page.
4. The app is already installed on my page, but I don’t see the tab button on my page.
This was possible in older version of Facebook, but should happen any more.
- If you are using a mobile phone and you don’t see “Shop Now” button, then your app wasn’t configured to work on a mobile phone. Refer to Question 9 below to see how to configure the app to work on a mobile device.
- If the app is installed on your page, you should see it’s button in the left menu of your Facebook page on a desktop version of Facebook (not on mobile site). If it’s not there, then the app is not installed yet, and you should be able to add it to your page. Refer to Question 1 above to learn more about how to add an app to your page.
5. I see a message that I don’t have any items in my list of products (not selling anything at this time)
This means that you have not items in your store at this time, or you misconfigured your store settings. Click on [Change Settings] button and make sure you selected correct country (if applicable) and user id/seller id. Also check if you have any keywords in your keywords filed. Keywords work as filters, therefore more keywords means more filters (less items displayed). Erase keywords to make sure that all items are not filtered out. Save changes and try again.
6. Are there fees for apps? What are they?
All of our apps are FREE, but some apps offer a Premium account with additional advanced features. Check fees of each app separately, because they vary.
7. How to remove the app from my Facebook Page?
Go to your page’s settings, then click on [Templates and Tabs] menu item. Locate the app you want to remove, then click [Settings] button for that app. Click on the “ON/OFF” switch to switch it to OFF position, then click [Save]. Now, if you paid for a Premium account of that app, you should go to your PayPal account, and cancel the preapproved payment (subscription) to avoid future charges to your account. Keep reading to learn how to do it.
8. How to cancel preapproved payments (subscription) in PayPal account
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click on This Link to go to your preapproved payments page.
- Click on”eSoftie LLC” merchant
- In “Description” section verify that this is the one you want to cancel, then next to “Status” section click “Cancel”
- Click “Yes” on confirmation dialog box
Check the images on your right side with step-by-step instruction how to do this in some older versions of PayPal accounts that some people still use. (One images is for classic PayPal site, and second image is for newer site)
If you successfully did all these steps, you have canceled the subscription.
9. Do the Facebook apps for pages work on mobile devices?
“Auction Items” Facebook app and “Etsy Items” Facebook app are completely mobile friendly and work on mobile devices and native mobile apps if configured correctly. Watch our video how to make them mobile friendly.
10. Can I make the app tab to be a landing page (home page/main page) of my Facebook page?
No. This was possible till 2012, but then Facebook disabled this feature.
11. Are the apps installed on personal Facebook profile or business page?
It depends on the type of an app. Check each page individually. Our “Auction Items” app, “Etsy Items“, “Bonanza Items“, and “Artificial Help Desk” can only be installed on a business page, but a Battleships game “Sea Battle” can only be installed on your personal Profile.
12. Why can’t I install the app on my page?
There may be two reasons why you may not be able to install the app to your Facebook page:
- You don’t have a Facebook page. In this case Facebook will display an error message when you try to install an app to your Facebook page:
“You must have permission to add apps to at least one Facebook Page to perform the requested action.“
In this case you only have a Facebook account (profile). You need to create a page for your business or product.
- The app is already installed on your page. In this case you already installed the app on all of your pages, but you probably can’t find the button to see the app on your page. In the main menu to the right of your page logo the last item in the list should be [More…]. Click on it, and your newly installed app should be there in a popped up list. You can move it up by clicking the last item in that list, called [Manage tabs]. Then in a new dialog box drag that item to the top. Then click [Save].
- You Facebook page is not Published (Live). If your page is not in Live mode, or not Published yet, and you try to add an app to your page, Facebook may give you an error message “This page does not have permission to install the custom tab”. In that case you just need to publish the page in page settings, then try adding the app again.
- You may have a group page. Apps cannot be installed on group page, and the user will also receive the error message “This page does not have permission to install the custom tab”.
- NEW Since April 1st, 2018: Your page has to have at least 2000 likes (fans). Unfortunately Facebook made a new policy that a Facebook page must have at least 2000 like (fans) in order to be able to install any App not made by Facebook. Therefore try to get more fans and come back to install the app.